Stone Arch Bridge

I decided to pay a visit to the Stone Arch Bridge a few days ago.  I had visited here some years back when I made some images for a bank calendar and shot some senior pictures here.

It is an old bridge on the National Register of Historic Places.

You can read more about the bridge and restoration HERE.

Anyway I was a tad disappointed as there are 2 trees that have grown quite high and obstructed the view of the bridge as well as growth along the creek.  Not sure why they won't trim them back. 



 Bridge Deck-old bricks

 See how the view is restricted.

 I love the stonework and the arch though

 bottom side of the bridge

 There is nothing spectacular about the above image except to tell you that the next images you see will be made standing on that bridge that crosses over Jacks Creek down below.



Yes I really wish they would trim the trees. 
It's still a beautiful old bridge though.
I love circle reflection in the water. 

Linking with Yogi, Sandy & Sylvia for 
&
James for
WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Make sure you stop over and check out skies and reflections from around the world. 


Comments

Tom said…
...I suggest that next time you go that you take your chainsaw!
Stanley Hattman said…
I'd say that you managed to overcome those pesky trees: just kept walking and looking and you were rewarded with good shots.
Marco Luijken said…
Hello Felicia,
Nice pictures.
Wonderful that bridges. Wonderful with the reflection in the water.

Greetings, Marco
Wonderful old bridge, such craftsmanship. I wonder why the parapets are so low; it's something you see over here on narrow old packhorse bridges where the idea was to allow the passage of horses carrying wide panniers.
magiceye said…
Beautiful captures of a lovely bridge!
eileeninmd said…
Hello, the stone bridge is beautiful. Lovely captures of the reflection. Happy Friday, have a great day and weekend!
Wayne said…
You need a canoe and a wide-angle lens ;-) We have some incredible bridges in PA, don't we?
Sandra said…
I love it just like it is, amazing and beautiful.. I love the view from the other bridge most of all. waiting to see if you take Waynes advise and get out there with a canoe. he he he
carol l mckenna said…
Lovely sky shot through the trees and magnificent bridge ~ great shots ~ ^_^
Thomas Lee said…
Beautifully restored bridge
Carol Mattingly said…
You rocked it on these images trees or no trees. I love all of them. I adore old stone bridges too. Carol
Rose said…
I so love stonework...love this bridge. I cannot think of a single bridge that is this pretty around here.
Linda W. said…
What a lovely old bridge! Such nice stonework. They sure don't build them like that anymore...
Debby Ray said…
Beautiful bridge, beautiful photos!
Klara said…
perfect reflection. such a nice stonework.
Bill said…
Love it! Nice catch!
LV said…
Nothing wrong with anything you shared, but the ones fro the bridge are super great.
Favourite kind of reflection.
Michelle said…
What a gorgeous bridge and you captured it well. Love the reflection.
marshaleith said…
lovely series of photos...such a beautiful location
Love this bridge with the reflection! Thank you for coming by! How serendipitous - my post for next week is about stone:)
The bridge/reflection circle makes a gorgeous picture! I wonder about the trees too, yet if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have found anything wrong with the pictures at all.
Paul said…
Nice group of pictures! You have the most photogenic landscape in your part of the world and you do a great job of capturing it!
That really is a gorgeous old bridge, and beautiful photos. The circle reflection shots are great!
What a gorgeous brick bridge with fabulous refflections. Have a lovely weekend
NatureFootstep said…
love this kind of old bridges. Beautiful they are.
Al said…
What a great old bridge. I actually like the trees growing around it, I think they add feeling to the photos.
Patti said…
Oh, that's beautiful!
GreenComotion said…
Extraordinary place. So beautiful!
Have a Happy Week, Felicia!
Peace :)
Brian King said…
That's gorgeous! Love the reflections!
Ida said…
This is an amazing bridge. You got some great photos of it. I love old stone like that.