Crimson Clover

UPDATE ON THIS POST

I'm sorry I haven't been visiting you all. My Momma had a nasty fall last night (Monday) and is in the hospital as we speak all banged up.


I've been doing alot of posts' lately on flowers. I just can't seem to help myself.  This time of the year there are sooooo many pretty flowers blooming and my macro lens seems to call.

This week Mom and I were running an errand when I found a whole field full of pretty blossoms.

As soon as I got close to them and seen the leaves I knew what it was....red clover, or so I thought. After googling its actually crimson clover. You can read about it here

Anyway I brought a fistful home and got out my macro lens. 

They were kind of hard to photograph because its been a windy week here and wind and macro don't go together but i want to share them anyway.

click on the images to view larger.


















I think it is beautiful and it has lasted a long time in the vase on my kitchen table.

Sharing with MACRO MONDAY 2
&
&


And now I'm wishing you all a wonderful week

Comments

Michelle said…
Wonderful detail on these shots and I love the color.
Tom said…
...I wish that I had a macro lens, some day.
Bill said…
Lovely! Beautiful colors and detail.
Mildred said…
Absolutely beautiful!
Carol Mattingly said…
I love your flower posts. I love flowers all the way around. They bring beautiful colors so please put up as many as you like. I love the Crimson Clover images. Carol
Linda W. said…
Very pretty! Yeah, I've had a few windy days here too where up-close flower photography has been difficult.
The Furry Gnome said…
Great macros if you ask me!
Ruth Hiebert said…
Beautiful images. I love the color and the macro makes them look extra special.
Captured nicely and so pretty.
Amy Franks said…
They are so pretty and so intricate!
Denise inVA said…
Wow! Your photos are gorgeous! I have never seen crimson clover before. Its color is so vibrant.
Sandra said…
I love these and I love red, purple or white. if I had that macro lens you would not want to come to my blog, it would be buried in flower macros. these are Amazing and the details we could never see without the lens are beautiful.
Debby Ray said…
This is SO beautiful and I don't think I have ever seen it growing in my neck of the woods. When you called it Crimson Clover, a song memory from the past immediately popped into my head..."Crimson & Clover" by Tommy James and the Shondells :D This may have been before your time!
Lady Fi said…
Such beautiful shots.
Patti said…
I don't think I've ever seen the red clover in this stage. I haven't seen red clover since I lived in WV, which has been a long while.
Paul said…
Incredible detail as others have already said. I don't think I've ever seen clover quite this rich crimson color, wonder if it would make a nice cup of tea like the more pinkish color clover does?
I love your beautiful photography. You have captured every detail of this pretty bloom.
I don't think I've seen red clover before, but it is beautiful! You did a great job with the macro lens closeup with the clover, and how wonderful that you got to enjoy it at home too. :)
Lovely macro shots! I don't know how you held the flowers still with the wind blowing!

Hope your mom gets to feeling better quickly. :)

With Love,
Mandy
Rose said…
These are so beautiful, Felicia.

I am so sorry about your mom...I hope she recovers quickly.
Mildred said…
I am just now seeing this about your Mom's fall. I am so sorry and I pray she is doing better now. Saying a prayer for both you and her. God bless.
Helma said…
Really beautiful macro photos of these flowers.
It is true that there are many beautiful flowers now.
I read that your mother made a fair fall.
Lots of strength and recovery with your mother.
Greetings, Helma
Tammie Lee said…
Such a beautiful flower! As are your photographs of it.
I bet they are beautiful in full bloom too. Somehow they remind me a bit of orchids.
Birgitta said…
Gorgeous photos! Sorry about your Mom's fall.Hope she feeling better soon.
Brian King said…
These are gorgeous, Felicia! You have the eye. Nicely done!