Trough Creek State Park

Saturday I was anxious to go on a road trip looking for more signs of spring.  I knew it was a bit early yet but nevertheless we started out anyway. 

I had 2 destinations in mind and one was Trough Creek State Park. You can learn more about it HERE if you would like.

Trough Creek is a scenic gorge formed by Trough Creek as it cuts through Terrace Mt. before emptying into Raystown Lake, my other destination. 

There was one particular sight in the park I was wanting to see but first a few other sights. 

As we drove along the creek we came to a picnic area and across the creek something caught my eye so I stopped the car, grabbed the tripod and camera and started through the trees.


I came to the edge of the creek, captured the above shot to my right and the shot below to my left. 


What had caught my eye was straight across the creek from where I was standing, 


a little stream tumbling down the rocky cliff and running into Trough Creek.

Back in the car I continued to my destination.  When I parked the car straight across the creek and up on a high bank was this sight. 


This is balanced rock, it sits high up on the gorge wall above the creek.  It is alot bigger than it looks in the picture. 

I once again retrieved my tripod and camera and started down the trail. At the bottom I came to the bridge that would cross the creek.


A suspension bridge.  Why could it not have been solid.  It made me a bit queasy after I crossed it.  Felt a bit like walking on a trampoline.  Anyway I turned right and started down the path


It looks smooth but was actually a bit rocky and I had to be careful I didn't turn my ankle.  I made this shot on the return trip. 

I finally arrived at my destination but I could hear it before I got there.

Rainbow Falls

from the left 

The last time I was here there was barely a trickle running so I was very happy that there was quite a bit of water. 

The little stream runs down one side of the gorge and joins Trough Creek below so there is a little bridge there.  The capture below was made from the bridge where you can see the whole way to the top.

straight on capture.


right side view.


I then walked over the bridge and up along side the waterfall on the other side to capture the top part.


I would estimate the waterfall to be about 30 feet maybe. It is very photogenic with all the layers of rock surrounding it.

Next week we will visit our second destination of the day, Raystown Lake.

Linking with OUR WORLD TUESDAY
&
NATURE NOTES.

Comments

The Furry Gnome said…
Beautiful pictures Felicia!
Chandra Eswaran said…
Great job on the photos of the falls! I see the tripod was put to good use to capture the 'milky' texture of the falls. Well done, Felicia.

Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)
Stephanie said…
Fabulous job on capturing the water falls. Beautiful place!
mick said…
Great photos of a very beautiful place. The water looks delightful.
Rose said…
Beautiful pictures! Loved them all!
Paul said…
Looks like a great place to go exploring with a camera. You got some really nice captures, I especially like your pictures of Rainbow Falls!
K V V S MURTHY said…
All pictures are awesome, with the details given.Thanks for sharing.
Monika + Bente said…
Your work is always so beautiful and touching!! My very best regards, dear Felicia - Monika
Gunilla Bäck said…
Beautiful photos of the waterfalls! I love the sound of running water.
Am a fan of waterfalls - and with this one the water is cascading down - beautiful!
Linley S said…
Fantastic captures Felicia, such a pretty area and that waterfall, just divine.
BeachGypsy said…
the swift creek, the snowy falls...I can almost smell the fresh air and hear the water bubbling! Really great photos! thanks for visiting my blog...come back often!
Indrani said…
Truly the photographs are a great visual treat! I can imagine the trip across the bridge. :)
maryaustria said…
such a beautiful place! The waterfall is gorgeous!
NatureFootstep said…
both waterfall and the surrounding nature is gorgeous. I would love to walk there exploring it all.
Revrunner said…
So many lovely, lovely scenes!
eileeninmd said…
Good Morning, Felicia! What a beautiful park, looks like a pretty day for a hike. The Waterfalls is gorgeous.. Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing your visit.. Happy Tuesday!
Michelle said…
You captured it well!
Primitive Stars said…
Morning, such beautiful pictures,you have the most wonderful scenery around you.Blessings Francine.
Minoru Saito said…
Hi! Nice captures. Many beautiful gorge photos. I like your fall photos collection very much. Thanks for sharing.
ahhhhhh, nice destination. I wish I had gone with you :(
Latane Barton said…
That is one beautiful waterfall. No wonder you were in such a tizzy to get there. I love the layers of rock. So unusual.
EG CameraGirl said…
Definitely looks more like spring there than it does here north of Toronto. Very nice shots of the falls!
TexWisGirl said…
really beautiful! love that rocky terrain!!
Britta said…
OMG, Feli...
Great fotos!
I like the last one!
Have a lucky week
Greetings from me to you
Britta
I love the earth tones of the photos, really lovely. And those waterfalls!
Amalia
xo
Karen said…
What a great place for a hike. Lovely shots!
fredamans said…
I love the cascades!
Kaya said…
You are so adventurous in a wonderful way. Felicia you found such beautiful places and took of them splendid pictures!
What a beautiful creek captured in great pics. Would like to go for a hike there too. LG Su
Monika MW said…
Felicia , a wonderful trip . Thank you for being with you , I could watch these wonderful views. Beautiful waterfalls .
Greetings
ciekawe miejsce z pięknymi kaskadami
Joy said…
Amazing place and the pictures are stunning!
Debby Ray said…
What an absolutely stunning place! A photgrapher's dream to be sure...awesome shots, my friend!
Laila said…
Such a wonderful area to go around... Ofcourse with the camera as a company ;-)

http://tillklippt.blogspot.se/
Linda W. said…
Beautiful waterfall and great captures!
Tom said…
Beautiful waterfalls. I bet the Rhododendron will be great a bit later. Tom The Backroads Traveller
Rambling Woods said…
It was such a long winter so it must be wonderful to get out for a hike to such a beautiful place. Your waterfall photos are amazing. The bridge would have made me nervous too, but I can glad it didn't stop you...Michelle
What a gorgeous spot, thanks for sharing these lovely pictures Felicia!
A very pretty place - I love the sound of waterfalls! This one is lovely with the layered rock. xo Karen
Birgitta said…
Wonderful pictures! Like the waterfall! Beautiful!
Amy Franks said…
absolutely gorgeous scenery :-)
ladyfi said…
Lovely shots of the falls!
Jaana Koo said…
Beautiful, very beautiful photos!
Have a nice weekend :)
Helma said…
Beautiful pictures of this creek.
Very nicely photographed. Class!
Ileana said…
Excellent pictures of the waterfall!
Lisa Comperry said…
Beautiful pictures :-)