Poe Paddy State Park Reflections ~ Part One

Morning friends. Happy weekend to you.

I wanted to do this post last night but either blogger was not cooperating or I was having internet connectivity problems. Seems to be ok today so here goes.

When fall comes knocking on our door I love to go back into the mountains. We have some state forests close to our house.

On October 5 we ventured back into Poe Paddy State Park. I had a specific spot in mind.  It was a mostly cloudy day which gave soft light.










Now I want you to take notice to the green tree on the left side of the two images directly above here.  All the other trees around it are already turning yellow.  These images were made about 3:30 in the afternoon.

Oh and in all the above images I am standing on the creek bed because you can see the water is pretty low.

The image below was made on October 19th about 3:15 in the afternoon, almost from the same vantage point but I'm not in the creek bed or I would be standing in water because we had some heavy rains and that rain brought down most of the leaves.

However take notice to the only tree in the image with leaves on it....you cannot miss it.  It is the same green tree as in the above images.

What an amazing difference.  Oh and the light is quite different too.


Linking with WEEKEND REFLECTIONS.

Next week I will share some more images from this beautiful state park.

Comments

don said…
Fine fall picture with such good light. They are each beautiful images.
TexWisGirl said…
beautiful! still, calm and beautiful.
Trace4J said…
Wow!!
How cool is that.
I so love your photos.
Thanks for sharing.
You have a gift.
Woolie Hugs
Linda W. said…
Nice reflections. Love that last photo.
Brian King said…
Gorgeous! The reflections are really nice!
Pamela Gordon said…
So so Beautiful! I love each of these photos and the comparison shot at the end. What a pretty spot!
Stephanie said…
Oh wow! Beautiful images, this last one is exceptionally stunning.
Gosia k said…
autumn is lovely when is sunny
Rajesh said…
Beautiful and scenic place with such lovely reflections in water.
Ela said…
Lovely place and wonderful photos !
I am delighted with reflections on the water !
Have a nice weekend !
RA Berks said…
Holy smokes these are nice! I really liked the before and after of that tree. I don't know if I would say it was an ugly duck type story, because all was still pretty green, but kinda reminded me of that story. I could sit by that creek and watch the water all day!
Kaya said…
That is so beautiful autumn. Fresh with very festive colors. I love the reflections in the water very, very much. Many compliments for these beautiful photos!
Birgitta said…
So beautiful photos! Love the reflections!
Viera said…
I love Indian summer and your photos are full of sun and beautiful autumn colours...Great shots...
Primitive Stars said…
Afternoon Felicia, those are truely magical pictures, so beautiful. I love the colors but the reflections in the water are stunning, want to go with you next time.:) Blessings Francine.
Valerie said…
I love the second last photo best - autumn in all it's splendour. Oh and thank you for visiting my blog.
namaki said…
Absolutely beautiful !
Laura said…
Gorgeous reflections Felicia!
I love the reflections in the clear, still creek water, Felicia! Creek water here is always going downhill, so it is always running rapidly. Our trees are losing all their leaves --it has been a mild autumn, so I'm wondering what winter will bring?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
'Tsuki said…
This spot on the river looks so quiet, and so peaceful... And with the autumn coloring of the treees all around, it looks magical, like a fairy's lair...
Thomas Lee said…
Stunning reflections
orvokki said…
Amazing reflection of a beautiful river view.
Helga said…
A beautiful place!! Amazing pictures! Have a nice sunday. Helga
eileeninmd said…
Wow, gorgeous colors and beautiful reflections.. Lovely images..have a happy day!
Gert said…
Absolutely gorgeous!
Cloudia said…
Oh Honey! Thanks for this healing walk!




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3
Valerie said…
Wonderful, wonderful colours and reflections. You did well to capture the contrasting scene.
Amy Franks said…
oh wow absolutely stunning scenery! you are so blessed
A Quiet Corner said…
Even after the rains, the scenes are still beautiful, Felicia!...:)JP
Michelle said…
Perfect pictures and I love the reflections in the water.
Connie Smiley said…
Felicia, these are just gorgeous! So glad you went back the second time; the change is dramatic and beautiful.
You do 'light' beautifully -- and reflections. Fall is just gorgeous around you.
Bethany Carson said…
I love the reflections! Very nice captures!
D.Nambiar said…
Such pretty pictures. You've got such a lovely blog. I'm following ;)