Mr Roadrunner ~ I think

I don't often get the chance to link up with Anni and Stewart but today I am. 

We went on a road trip last week and one stop was the small zoo in Hershey, Pa.  It does not compare with the like of Philadelphia or Pittsburgh Zoo but I was able to capture some bird images.

 I'm hoping I'm allowed to share with you  and even though they are not in the wild,




I believe this to be a Roadrunner. 

I felt bad for the fellow, he just sorta walked all around. It was in a building with poor lighting and you couldn't get very close to them so the flash was not much help. I did try to edit it a bit to enhance the image. He really is a pretty bird. 

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
aww. sorry buddy! come live by me and run and fly free! :) maybe he was injured at one time and needed a rehab place to live.
Roadrunners are a favorite of ours. In Spanish their name (or maybe a nickname) is Paisano which means fellow traveler (or so we were told when we were in New Mexico). So we sort of considered them our lucky icon when we were full-time RVers. I hope he gets better and can be set free. (Although even the well ones do spend a lot of time walking/hopping instead of flying, as I remembe.)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grandma C said…
Beep Beep... I like that you captured the patches of blue on him.
He is beautiful. I have always wanted to see one of those in person.
bettyl-NZ said…
What a cool bird! Love the details of his feathers!
Karen said…
Beep beep, great images!
Mersad said…
I feel bad for him. Poor little guy!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
eileeninmd said…
Poor thing, but at least he has a safe place to live. I love the Roadrunners.
Anni said…
I think your photos of the roadrunner is marvelous!!! Even tho he's 'caged' his life is saved and we humans are able to learn a great deal about this species from areas like this!!!

Thanks for linking up at the Bird D'Pot this week.
NatureFootstep said…
a fierse looking bird. How unusual in it´s clolors. Thanks for sharing it.
Breathtaking said…
I first saw the Road Runner at Tex's Place, and I couldn't take my eyes of him.He's safe where he is, and your photos are great.
PerthDailyPhoto said…
They're super shots Felicia but oh how sad is that.. I's awful to see birds restricted like this :(
A Quiet Corner said…
Nice spot for rehab...:)JP
Gunilla Bäck said…
Poor thing, but it's a beautiful bird.
Marie said…
Oh, I hate that this guy is indoors! But, you got some great photos! They are fascinating birds.
Yep that's a roadrunner! Poor wee guy, he should be out in the desert outwitting Wil E. Coyote!