Clematis ~ Dutchess of Albany

I'm so glad I have become acquainted with our local arboretum.  There are so many wonderful flowers there to photograph and most I had never heard of.

But then of course my interest in photography never included flowers until this year.

The following images were taken on 3 different visits to the arboretum but I wanted to show you the different stages of bloom.



Unopened bud.

Starting to open. A rain shower had just passed and it left pretty droplet's on the flowers.

And fully open. To me, they really are not that pretty looking straight at them.

but

from the side,

 I think they are gorgeous. This one seems to glow on the inside from the backlight.

This is the seed head after it is done blooming.  Doesn't seem like it comes from the same flower.

and

when the sun hits it....it shines like gold.

So there you have it.  In my humble opinion....one of the most beautiful flowers I have photographed this summer.

I'm linking with FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS
&
TODAY'S FLOWERS.

Comments

Tom said…
Pretty neat. Tom The Backroads Traveller
Pretty in every stage. I love arboretums.
So lovely at all stages of it's life Felicia! Wonderful photos :O)
orchid Miyako said…
What a GORGEOUS flower and photographs, Felicia♡♡♡

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*
NatureFootstep said…
it is both a beautiful flower as well as seed. Maybe I´ll take a walk and try to find some. :)
TexWisGirl said…
wow, the spent seedhead is gorgeous!
Jenny said…
Very very pretty. Our clematis are passion-purple! They climb enthusiastically all over the fence. xoxo
A Quiet Corner said…
You're right the seed heads are gorgeous. We have a different variety yet, they too were beautiful!...:)JP
Jama said…
Pretty flowers!
Gunilla Bäck said…
In this case I think the seed heads are prettier than the flowers. Happy weekend!
Roan said…
Beautiful macros!
DeniseinVA said…
Goodness, so beautiful and the seed head equally so. I love all these photos Felicia. Thank you so much for sharing with Today's Flowers and have a great weekend!
Ela said…
What amazing photos of these gorgeous flowers !
LonettA said…
Wonderful series of photos! Really a beautiful flower!
Helma said…
Ohhhh ... so nice done with the various stages of bloom.
Actually engaged beautiful pictures. The last of the wig I find even more beautiful than the flower itself lol .....
Nick V. said…
Exquisite photos, Felicia!
Many thanks for contributing to Floral Friday Fotos!
http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com.au/