Wildflowers

Evening friends. 

I have been amazed this summer so far by the flowers I find growing along the roadside.
I never used to pay much attention to them but a particular flower, actually this one


drew my attention to roadside wild flowers. (before i go any further...see the little bee).

I seen these growing along the roadside not far from my house and was intrigued to know what they were. My florist friend told me they were California poppies.
When I stopped to photograph the poppies ( I don't know why they were growing along the road either) I found many other flowers that I never knew existed.  So I guess it does pay to stop and smell the roses....so to speak. 

So I'm sharing some of the wildflowers that I never paid much attention too. 

Maybe you should look along the roadsides too.

I don't know the names of some of these, if you do, please let me know.

Viper's Bugloss....look at those thorns. btw this one is really a pest in some parts of the country. 

Some kind of vetch

And this is a crown vetch bloom

 I believe this is a queen anne's lace bud but don't know why its pink.
Unknown name....do you know?

Unknown name.....do you know?

Close up ???

Unknown name....do you know?   Sort of looks like above photo only smaller.
I have other's also but didn't want to overload ya'll.

Linking with Today's Flowers
and
Floral Friday Foto's.

Stop over to see more beautiful flower photos.

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
i don't know the names, either, but they're lovely!
orchid Miyako said…
Wow!!! GORGEOUS flowers all I've never seen♡♡♡ Thank you very much for sharing beautiful pictures, Felicia.

Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
Gert said…
Beautiful flowers,,I have no idea what they are, but they are pretty!

Blessings,
Gert
Rose said…
Oh, I don't know either...was checking just to see if anyone had any idea. All are beautiful.
Brian King said…
Gorgeous flowers!
Gunilla Bäck said…
Beautiful flowers, but I can't help you with the names.
Rajesh said…
Beautiful flowers. Nice variety.
Helga said…
Wonderful wildflowers!! Have a nice sunday!
Helga
Christine K. said…
such beautiful wildflowers! i never saw most of them. great captures!
NatureFootstep said…
This is the pink one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianthus

A favourite floer of mine.
Gail Dixon said…
Beautiful flowers, all! I wish I could help you on the unknowns. The one with the droopy blooms are so unusual and pretty!
Carver said…
Beautiful sequence of flowers.
Katarina said…
A great variety of flowers!
Very pretty Felicia, isn't Mother Nature wonderful?! Don't know the name of the last one either but it's very interesting!
DeniseinVA said…
I am always drawn to wildflowers. These are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing with Today's Flowers :)