A Baby Hummer

Evening friends. My, it's been a busy weekend. 

I wanted to do a post yesterday but didn't get it done and it's late Sunday evening now so I'll do two. 

Yesterday morning as I was filling my hummingbird feeders I got an unexpected surprise, this little guy........ a juvenile hummingbird. 

He was sitting on the feeder and trying to get some nectar but I'm not sure how successful he was.  When another female would fly in he would open his beak like he expected her to feed him.  His feather were all fluffed up and he was peeping up a storm. 

I sure hope he survives, I have not seen him since. 

He left me stick the camera right in his cute little face.







I don't get a chance to make to many bird images so I'm linking with

Anni over at THE BIRD D'POT
and
Stewart at WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY.

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
cute little guy! hope he learns quickly!
Awww, poor little guy, hope his Momma found him.
Gunilla Bäck said…
Awesome shots of this cutie! I hope he makes it.
beautiful colors of his/her fearhers!
beautiful colors of his/her fearhers!
Anni said…
Oh my gosh....this post is incredible!!! What a darling.

Last year, I had the privilege of finding a nest and really enjoyed watching mama and the eggs hatch.

LOVED this. Very much.
Thanks for linking this weekend at the Bird D'Pot.
bailey-road.com said…
Wonderful shots of this sweet baby!
Linda W. said…
Oh such wonderful photos! You are so lucky that this little guy posed for you. Thanks for sharing.
Debby Ray said…
What a li'l cutie! Great capture of him/her too! I actually held one of these little guys in my hand when the it's beak got stuck in the feeder...had to pull him out! All was well...he was able to fly away!
Betsy Brock said…
Wow...you got some great shots of him! What a tiny little baby! I'm sure mom was close by and letting him learn the hard way. I love how close you got!
So sweet - I hope he catches on quickly! xo Karen
Brian King said…
Those are awesome! It's difficult to get really close.
Stephanie said…
My goodness, this is lovely. Sorry I am a wee bit behind on commenting. It has been a very busy weekend for me. Thanks for commenting on mine.
EG CameraGirl said…
I don't think I've ever seen a baby hummer before!
Christian Weiß said…
A wonderful little bird.
I have never seen a baby Hummingbird before. These are great close up shots of it. It is so cute.
eileeninmd said…
What an adorable hummer, a cute little baby.. Awesome photos!
eileeninmd said…
What an adorable hummer, a cute little baby.. Awesome photos!
NatureFootstep said…
poor little one. I too, hope it makes it to adulthodo. :)
Carole M. said…
I always love to see these beautiful weeny birds...
bailey-road.com said…
Great close up shots. What an adorable little one.
Marie said…
Precious! What a wonderful encounter!
janiceadcock said…
What a great opportunity to be so close to a baby hummingbird!
Mary Cromer said…
Sweet, sweetness and I am sure that one of the adults was near by to help. They are such loves these wee birds~
BumbleVee said…
oh, what a special bunch of pics this is... he is soooo cute ...and such a clear photo. You can see every tiny feather... what colours! Beautiful!