Skywatch Friday

Good evening friends. Time for Skywatch Friday with Yogi, Sylvia and Sandy.


Make sure you pop over and visit to see great skies from all over the world.

We had a storm go through one evening and after it passed I happened to look out the back door.

The sun was shining weakly through the clouds as it continued it's downward path for the evening. 

This is what I saw.





If I have my cloud names correct...these are Mammatus Clouds or "breast clouds" so named because they look like breast's hanging from the underside of a thunderhead.

I thought the ones I seen looked more like marshmallows.  Some are more pronounced in shape than others.

If you want to learn more about them click HERE.

I seen this type of cloud only once before and I didn't have my camera with me that time and of course they were more beautiful that the ones I'm sharing now. 

All in all though they are beautiful clouds.  So it made sense to me that they are associated with thunderstorms. 

Comments

Linda W. said…
Interesting clouds! Glad you had your camera with you.
Blackberry Lane said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
annie said…
loved the photos Felicia!
your header is just beautiful!
TexWisGirl said…
i think they look like intestines - and they definitely mean dangerous weather. :)
Thomas Lee said…
art work in the sky
Lina Gustina said…
I never see this type of clouds here. Awesome clouds and shots.

www.womenandperspectives.com/2014/06/sky-watch-denok-and-blue-sky.html
Lovely shots Felicia, clouds are fascinating arent' they?
Mersad said…
Wow at the clouds and at your images. They both are exceptional!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
Bob Bushell said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Bushell said…
Oh, that's funny, and I love your clouds.
Arija said…
Nicely shaping up mammatus although I would still class them as mammato/cumulous.
don said…
I like your shots of the bubbly clouds. I like how you see them as marshmallows. Nice one.
Pamela Gordon said…
Those are really interesting clouds and I can understand where they get their name from.
Gail Dixon said…
I have never seen this shape before. Very cool. Stay safe!
NatureFootstep said…
they look like yellow cotton. :)
abrianna said…
Nice cloud capture.
Glenda/MidSouth said…
Nice shots! I have seen some pretty cloud formations, that unfortunately are the results of storms of destruction.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend.
Stephanie said…
Very interesting cloud formations. Great captures!
Michelle said…
They are beautiful!
janiceadcock said…
Nice colors on these fluffy clouds
Ha, not sure I see the resemblance, but interesting and unusual!
VioletSky said…
I've never seen clouds quite like these before. But, I do love the sky before a storm, especially when you get that eerie colour from the sun.
Tammie Lee said…
such gorgeous clouds and sky images! love seeing them!
Linnea said…
I've seen those clouds before too. They're quite special! Lucky you to be in the right place at the right time to capture them. Thanks for stopping by at my SWF.