Moon Shot

The weekend is almost here.
Time for 


Please join the gang HERE to see more beautiful sky images.

I've debated whether to show these images or not.  I've always been curious about taking photos of the moon and I've tried it a few times with no success.

Lately I've been using my 70-200 VR lens so I decided to try it again.  I didn't even google "how to shoot the moon", just went out and winged it.

So be gentle on me
 

This first one was taken early in the evening as I was shooting clouds and sunsets. I think the sky is too blue.


This one was taken approximately at 10:00 pm on a different night.  There were clouds drifting over the moon intermittently. I took a couple others but they were overexposed.  One or two was on bulb and this one was just a timed exposure.  Both these are cropped quite a bit. 

What are your secrets for capturing moon photo's?

I'll go google it now and do some research. 


This is one the photos I was shooting of the clouds. See the moon way up there in the top right hand corner?

Have a great Friday everyone.

Comments

EG CameraGirl said…
Really nice moon shots. Love those clear night skies!
Lois said…
I think they are wonderful shots of the moon!
Pamela Gordon said…
I think you did a great job on your moon shots. I've never tried to do it properly and don't have a good lens. Enjoy the weekend.
Dorothee said…
beautiful moon series, with the changing mood and size. have a lovely sky week!
TexWisGirl said…
i think you got great detail!
don said…
I think your moon shots are very successful. It's difficult to get these shots sharp unless a person is suing a tripod. Some people don't need that either.
Karl Demetz said…
Nice moon series, the first photo is my preferred!
Marie said…
You did an amazing job!
Gattina said…
Your moon shots are amazing ! So sharp and clear !
ladyfi said…
How gorgeous!
Jette Hollesen said…
Unique moon photos. I specially like the moon i daylight!

Greetings
JetteMajken
Linda W. said…
I think your moon shots are great!
Gail Dixon said…
Gosh, I think you did a great job. I've only shot the moon once and can't remember my settings, but I know a tripod is key and an f-stop of 11 or higher (I think!). Let us know what you find out.
Great pics of the moon Felicia, I've never had much luck; it's either over or underexposed whenever I try. Have a lovely weekend! Deb
Stephanie said…
Great moon shots and lovely sky in the last image.
Blackberry Lane said…
You are very talented.
orchid Miyako said…
WONDERFUL captures of the moon and the sky♡♡♡

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
Tammie Lee said…
these are gorgeous
every single one
i have had very little success with shooting the moon with my lenses
so i bow to you!

thank you for your kind message ~
Oh, I love your second capture! Happy SWF:)
NatureFootstep said…
great shots of the moon. :)