Birds and Blooms

Birds and blooms, sounds like a magazine eh?  Today I'm sharing some of my birds and blooms. 

Last month I posted about the tree swallows that are nesting in the box at the back of our house.
I posted this picture.


Well last night he was sitting on the post again so I captured some more images of him.  This time he was facing me and the view is quite different. 


He looks sorta mad doesn't he. I think he was hearing my focus beep on the camera. He kept twisting his head around....like this. 


Wish I could do that with my neck.

So anyway I'm linking with Anni over at the Bird D'Pot.

************

Now for my blooms.  Gerber daisies are one of my favorite summer flowers.  I like to plant some in container and place them on our deck.








I kept cropping in closer. It rained during the night, I couldn't resist the next morning snapping a few more with the water on them. 
 



As I was posting these I noticed the difference in colors then remembered I used different camera's and the light was different too.  The ones with the rain drops on are the truer color.

I'm linking with Today's Flowers.

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all your lovely comments.

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
just beautiful photos, felicia! truly!
Linda said…
I've noticed that birds react to my camera's sounds.
Great pictures!
Karen said…
Gorgeous bird and blooms shots! The swallows are beautiful, I wish I could get photos like yours. Gerberas are one of my faves too!
Stephanie said…
They are all beautiful!
Linda W. said…
Nice raindrop details on the flower! And I laughed about the bird - seems when I photograph animals, especially my dog, they all turn their head when I point the camera at them!
Rajesh said…
Very cute bird and beautiful flower.
Gunilla Bäck said…
Gorgeous shots all of them! Have a wonderful Sunday.
Bob Bushell said…
That's fantastic, the Swallow and the flowers, beauty.
Anni said…
Wow!! Incredible swallow images. Such clarity and color. And the flower...the pink petals are sublime!!

Thanks for linking up this weekend.
The bids and the blooms are wonderful. Loved the color and detail.
EG CameraGirl said…
Excellent shots of the tree swallows!
Mersad said…
Lovely nature images. The colors are so great and vibrant.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
Phil Slade said…
Your Tree Swallows are so neat.We only have Barn Swallows over here.
PerthDailyPhoto said…
Your little swallow is a delight Felicia, you must be thrilled when he arrives each year. We get the tiny 'welcoming swallows' here but they are so hard to snap.
Halcyon said…
I love that little bird! So cute!!! :)
Betsy Brock said…
Stunning photos of your little swallow friend! I've joined up with Anni, too! So good to see you...it's been a while. I am already on your follower's list but haven't seen you in ages.
Linnea said…
The clarity and details on these flowers are incredible!
NatureFootstep said…
superb images of the swallovw.
Gert said…
Oh my, your bird and flower are exquisite! Absolutely beautiful on both accounts!

Blessings,
Gert
bettyl-NZ said…
Lovely drops on the beautiful petals.
Carver said…
Wonderful shots of the birds and flowers.
Connie Smiley said…
Beautiful bird and blossom, and I love your header! That shot of the old truck is very cool.
Minoru Saito said…
Hi! Nice captures. I have never seen such a beautiful tree swallow.
Your flower macro photos are also very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Marie said…
Your beautiful barn swallow and gerbera daisies are wonderful! Lovely photos! I enjoyed your post very much.
Spectacular photos of your swallow Felicia and love the gerbera daisies after the rain!
Gail Dixon said…
Your tree swallow shots are excellent! Yes, I'm certain the little guy was hearing the beeps...I can tell from the wings raised up, ready to attack. Gotta be vigilant at the nest. :)

Gerberas are my favorite flower, too. You took some marvelous photos of yours.
Debby Ray said…
Breathtaking, Felicia! Oh my goodness....such a gorgeous bird and that daisey with the water drops is heavenly!
Frank said…
Beautiful shots Felicia.