Raindrop Reflection

The other night we had a storm come through and it was pretty windy. As it was starting to get dusk I went outside to do something and noticed some leaves had blew onto our glass top patio table.  Since it had also rained there was water lying on top of them. It intrigued me and I looked closer. It was then I spied the water droplets. 

I immediately went for my camera to try to capture them. I do not have a macro lens on my DSLR but there is a macro setting on the camera. I however did not use that either. The focal length is 70 mm.

 This is the way I found the leaf cluster.

 This photo is cropped a bit. 

And this one is cropped pretty close so it is a little fuzzy. 

I like them but I know they could be better if taken with a macro lens.
I am not real familiar with macro photography but I could get very interested with no problem....I think.  I will be looking for other macro captures now. 

So any tips or recommendations are accepted.

I'm linking this post with James at Weekend Reflections.  Stop over to see more great reflections.  

Hope you all have a great weekend.

~Felicia

Comments

Mascha said…
Amazing macro photos!
'Tsuki said…
The last pic is so perfect ! Nicely caught !
Viera said…
Beautiful reflection in a rain drops...
Karen said…
Wonderful close ups. I love the blue and green beautiful.
Carole M. said…
oh; very pretty and with the bonus reflections in the droplets last photo too
Blackberry Lane said…
I love these pictures.

Enjoy your Saturday.
Pamela Gordon said…
Amazing shots! I love the colours and the tiny reflections in the water droplets. Nicely done Felicia.
TexWisGirl said…
really nice, felicia! i don't shoot much macro stuff but i think it is really fascinating!
Linda said…
Brilliant captures, Felicia!
Great photos! If you are thinking about a macro lens, I would give it a thumbs up. They open up a whole new world. I use mine often, and it works well for more than just macro shots.
Linda W. said…
I love your last photo, of the image cropped close. Nice job!
orchid Miyako said…
I wish I could take macro pictures like your gorgeous ones!!! Wonderful raindrop reflections♡♡♡

Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*